Monday, April 21, 2008

{the hunka turns 40}

This will be a simple entry because like with George, a few words go a long way! He’s 40 today and I love him more than when I met him 8 years ago. The time he spends with us is truly the best of him; he plays, he cooks, he helps with homework, he does laundry….he fights fires. Woohoo I love that last one! But to say that this man is an integral part of who I am is not saying enough. We combined our lives with the highest of hopes for a solid family that would be “built to last” and what we have now is diamond tough. I would not be the person I am today without him. I loved you when you were 32 and I love you more now that you are 40. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
.


And now for the traditional birthday poem (he gets one just about every year).

Turning 40 isn’t so bad.
Look at it this way, you’re younger than my dad!

So what if you are no longer a young lad,
You have Richard Gere gray and that’s really rad!

Celebrate today like it’s a new fad,
Just please don’t wear those new shorts of plaid.

Be happy, be cheerful, be really glad,
because today you get to eat cake like mad!

(Tomorrow you’re going on a diet for Pete’s sake, you’re 40 now you have to take care of yourself!!)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Happy birthday George! I was hoping Henry would share his birthday, but it doesn't look like it's meant to be.... Have a good one!!

Jen Bay said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

good grief- I forgot my password again!! but you know who this is!

Happy Birthday to my favorite brother in law!! love ya' lots!