Friday, April 11, 2008

{fleeting moments}


Today this kid asked for an IM account.

Today I said no.

Today he questioned me.

Today I answered like this:
I know what goes on at this stage of the game. I like your friends, but I love you. I would hate for you to get into an inappropriate conversation and give in to peer pressure just to fit in. You’re a funny, witty kid & there is so much to experience out there. Let’s leave IM out for now.

Today he responded:
O.K.
Mom, I love you. You’re so smart. You help me so much.

Today I cried with gratitude.

1 comments:

Jen Bay said...

Sometimes, they give you that moment, that tiny moment that lets you go on thinking, I can do this. This is good. Thank goodness for those moments, because they keep you from killing them in those "other" moments.