Wednesday, March 26, 2008

{i'm a snob}

As most of you know my affinity for DC goes back to my post pregnancy days with Mikayla. You see, when I got pregnant with Mikayla my life changed. Most lives usually do change when you unexpectedly become pregnant. That, of course, was not a big deal…the being pregnant part I was actually pretty happy. However, the bigger deal was the addiction that came with that pregnancy. Before Mikayla, drinking soda was not part of my drinking fare. I was more of a Perrier/LaCroix drinker (I admit I’m a water snob). However, one day there I was in the teacher’s lounge looking at my gourmet lunch of Lemon LaCroix and a beautifully put together egg salad sandwich when I glanced over at the pop machine. My eyes immediately focused on the “RC” button. I have no idea what power took over my body, but the next thing I know I was happily chugging down an RC!! And so it began…. my love affair with pop! I thought for sure it was a temporary craving that would leave me once I gave birth. But alas, that was not so! Eight years later my drinking has morphed as follows: RC for the next 3 years to regular Coke for about 2 years… I’m also a “diet snob” but finally got over my snobbiness when I switched to Diet Coke.

Why the drinking history you ask?

Well, this past week I was attacked by the flu bug promptly followed by the cold bug! I, however being the “bug snob” that I am, refused to attribute my general achiness & major headache to the flu. Instead I was sure it was withdrawal symptoms as I had also decided to just stop drinking Diet Coke (cold turkey). So for the next 3 days, that’s right 3 days, I was again possessed by some unknown force that resulted in family retreating from me every time I walked into a room. That is a bit of an exaggeration, but I think they were really scared!!!! LOL. So, after two days of seeing my family disappear from the room I was in and several really bad phone conversations with my sister, she convinced me to just have one Diet Coke to take the “edge” off. Because she is the medical field (that’s how I rationalized it…she is actually a practice manager for a doctor’s office!! LOL) I trusted her advice. Two DC’s later I still felt just as bad as I did before. It was then that I became more conscious of my symptoms and decided to lay down for a little “nap” on Monday. My nap lasted the rest of the day on Monday and all day Tuesday. I felt like a Diet Coke truck had delivered my supply but run over me in the process! My symptoms were all but gone on Wednesday which fooled me into thinking I was “back to normal”. I went about my normal activities and then as I was driving home from my very cool Script class I started sneezing and sneezing. I looked in the rear view mirror and there it was the COLD BUG!!!

There you have it, a very detailed description of my week. BUT…out of negative always comes positive, at least in my “happy little Gina world”…that’s what George likes to call it. I found a new favorite thing… Puffs tissues with Vicks & lotion right in them! They smell soooooooo good! I’m still sniffing them & I’m not really sick anymore. I swear they are best thing next to Perrier… ok, ok Diet Coke!

Have a great day & be kind to a stranger!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are one strange water snob :)

Jen Bay said...

:) The flue and quitting Diet Coke? That's just too much. I've finally cut back to just one a day... maybe two for special occassions, like I just really want another one.... :) --Jen

patrish said...

aha!! so now you know who is leaving comments :)