Friday, March 7, 2008

{homemade fun}

Simplicity...I love it! I truly appreciate homemade birthdays and "37" was no exception. George & kids did a fabulous job throwing me a rockin' party complete with Bozo Buckets, the limbo and a pinata!
We ate my favorite (at least for the moment) homemade Pizza Margherita with a delicious wheat crust!
Mikayla is the family's master balloon blower upper! Seriously, I have no idea how she can blow up so many balloons! I can barely get one done in the time it takes her to do three!
The party really got going after dinner with a little game of "Bozo Buckets"! I never could win at this game, but since it was my birthday I got extra shots! Bucket #5 was always my demise!

George was having his own fun with the "LIMBO"! He did comment on quad muscle strains being the reason he couldn't limbo quite so low. Courtney's teeth were really sore from having her braces tightened the day before. I think this is the only picture I got with her actually smiling & using her head!! She makes me so proud!

The favorite of the night had to be the Princess Pinata! Leave it to George to find a tiara for a pinata! The boys both had good luck because they were using their SOX & CUBS mini bats! Gavin is the die hard SOX fan & Jake is ever loyal to the CUBS even though he has been threatened with sleeping in the chicken coop if he doesn't cross over to the SOX side! Jake actually broke the pinata in this picture but he was nice enough to let Gavin have the last shot.

Look at Gavin's face! The tiara didn't have a chance. If you look closely you'll notice Jake is already gathering candy! I thought he was being nice letting his brother have the last shot....but ALAS he had a master plan!

Devious little feller!

What a great memorable birthday! I can't think of anything I would have rather done!

0 comments: